How to Extend Work Visa with 100% Success? Here is the guideline

How to Extend Work Visa with 100% Success? Here is the guideline

On December 11, 2017, the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs issued The notice on the extension of work permit for foreigners in China.

Since February 28th, 2018, the application for the extension of work permit for foreigners in China must be submitted 30 days before the expiry of the permit. If the application is overdue, it cannot be submitted and shall be handled as the process of first time application.

For Class A work permit holders, we can help you apply for work permit + residence permit for up to 2 years

For Class B work permit holders, we can help you apply for a work permit + residence permit for up to 1 year.

Extend 1-2 Years FWP & RP with same employer

What's the application procedure?

What documentation need to be prepared?

Employee needs to provide at beginning


Original Passport with valid RP in it (visa better still valid over 30 days)


Resume or CV (in English or Chinese)+QA form


Original FWP (or old Alien Employment Permit (brown booklet) or old Foreign Expert Certificate (blue booklet) )


Copy of the new Employment Contract (If you want to apply for 5-years visa, then you need to provide 5-years employment contract)


3 Passport Photographs (2 inches size: 3.5cm*4.5cm)


Copy of the Registration Form Of Temporary Residence (Updated with your current address and passport number)

Employer needs to provide at beginning


Copy of the updated Company's Business License (best 3 into 1)


Copy of the Company Approval Certificate (for foreign investment company)


1 request form to fill in


Information (Company office address + Company HR staff)

(If you don’t have office or staff , pls. consult our virtual office / outsourcing assistant solution. )


We can also apply 5-years residence permit, there are extra documents to apply, and we need to review, and the basis is the company warranty ( next 5-years legal liability & economic responsibility)

Normal Service takes: 

25 Working Days

Frindly Notice:

1. From 2018, if you have applied twice working visa continuously for over 2 years, and haven't violated any immigration laws and local regulations, and then we can help you apply the 5-years residence permit instead of 1-year.

(If you want to try with the 5-years option, please mentioned it clearly when you submit your application to us, because the service charge and the paperwork is different and for 5 year's application, you need to show up with us to have a small interview, we also need to arrange it for you in advance)

2. 5-years residence permit service is not 100% guarantee

(according to our experience, it's less than 20% success rate), the immigration officer will go to your company, check all your behavior in China and then make the final decision, if the government denies your application (for example, your company register capital is too small or some other reasons), you will get 1-year RP automatically, and we will charge the 1-year fee then.

3. Even you got the 5-years RP; you still need to renew the FWP every year. But anyway, it's really a big improvement, you can save a lot of visa cost and you don't need to worry about the visa expiring every year.

4. Even you got the 5-years RP, if you switch job, you need to give up your current 5-years RP and re-apply a new FWP and RP in the name of your new company. If you don't do that, it will be counted as illegal employment and you will face a huge penalty.

5. According "Law of the PRC on Administrative Permission", Article 50(1) "

If a person who has been granted administrative permission needs an extension of the term of validity of the administrative permission obtained according to law, he shall, 30 days before the expiration of the said term of validity, make an application to the administrative organ that makes the decision on administrative permission.

However, where laws, regulations and rules provide otherwise, the provisions thereof shall prevail". From February 28, 2018, the application for extension of the work permit for foreigners in China must be submitted 30 days before the expiration date of the permit, and the application will not be submitted in 30 days of the expiration date.

Please feel free to contact
our consultant for more details


No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment