WHY THIS MATTERS
Those requiring work permits or planning for employee moves in/out of China in the near future should take note of the renewed administrative requirements in certain key cities. China residents planning to travel abroad should also plan ahead in light of special border measures taken by certain countries.
Frequently Asked Questions and Our Analysis
- Continue to provide foreigners with visa extension and residence permit processing services
- Provide a fast-track service for certain urgent cases
- Arrange appointment services or application submissions and passport collections based on local circumstances
The latest travel information is available via the official website of the National Immigration Bureau (www.nia.gov.cn) and its official WeChat account (NIANEWS).
- closely follow policy updates and seek professional advice on policy interpretation and practical guidance;
- plan applications in advance and make use of available fast-tracks to avoid over-stay
- familiarise themselves with the latest special border measures in other countries and regions), and appropriately arrange travel plans to avoid unnecessary delays and financial costs
- make sure that the application materials/documents are authentic and valid – the authorities will continue to take measures against fraudulent applications